This assignment is concerned with the production, distribution, and consumption of essential item(s) during pandemics. The items under discussion are currently being sourced from outside Scotland, across different locations, including Africa, Asia, other European countries. The pandemic is global; however, its nature suggests that countries are not affected on the same scale, mainly due to different times at whichcountries are exposed to it. The situation is hurting the supply chain of food products in Scotland which is exacerbated by a sudden surge in consumers’ demand due to restrictions and lockdown that forced people to consume food more than they normally do. Due to the seasonality ofagricultural food production and the evidence that many countries are accessing the same resource pool in Africa, Asia, and other European countries, a robust and resilient supply chain is required for Scotland tomeet the growing food demand of its
population. As a supply chain specialist/consultant acting on behalf of aclient
in Scotland, use appropriate and relevant supply chain models/theories,such as forecasting, S&OP, CPFR, lead capacity strategy, and theory of constraints, that are covered in this module to design a resilient supplychain strategy/model that will reduce the food supply chain complexity and ensuring the effective supply of foods to meet the daily demand of about 5.6million people in Scotland.
Key Requirements: The goal of the assignment is to design/propose a flexible and resilient supply chain strategy/model to ensure continuous availability of foods. The report must address but not limited to the followings:
· The focus of this assignment is on food supply chain managementand not on the pandemic;
· Select at least a food product (the product must be from outside the UK) of your choice and conduct a critical analysis of its supply chain (i.e. route to market) and propose how the complexity of SC can be improved using appropriate supply chain models/theories;
· Identify and critically discuss the position of your client in the food value chain
· Design a supply chain audit protocol for your client: (1) to increase the traceability of the selected food product(s), and (2) to integrate its logistics functions into a seamless supply chain operation that can effectively interact with suppliers and customers (i.e. end-to-end SC integration);
· Using relevant supply chain tools/techniques that are discussed inthis module, critically explain how your client can enhance its inventory (replenishment and ordering) management while maximising the availability of food to all its customers in Scotland.
Click Here To Download
The post This assignment is concerned appeared first on AssignmentHub.