Write a comparison/contrast essay on one of the following topics.
1. Compare how the natural environment shapes two of the child protagonists’ growth and development.
a. *Note:If you select this option, you may not work on the text addressed in your first essay.
2. Compare two texts in terms of how Canadian identity is constructed as being in relationship to the natural environment.
3. Compare two of the texts in terms of the challenges/difficulties presented by the natural environment. Discuss whether either of the texts presents nature primarily as an obstacle to be overcome.
4. Compare two of the texts in terms of the nurturing aspects of their natural settings. Discuss whether either of the texts presents nature primarily as a nurturer.
5. Compare two of the child protagonists’ perceptions of nature. Discuss whether either protagonists’ perspective changes over the course of their respective novels.
6. Compare two texts in terms of the relationships that characters, other than the protagonist, have with the natural environment. Discuss whether these relationships are largely positive or negative.
7. Compare two texts in terms of how human society is impacting the natural environment.
8. Compare Indigenous and European attitudes toward nature. Discuss the ways in which they are different and any ways that they are similar.
a. *Note:For this option, you can either compare two texts or two different cultural groups within the same text.