GOV-140: Civil Rights and Civil Liberties Essay Resource
Write a 750-1,000-word essay on a Supreme Court case that had a direct influence on civil rights or civil liberties. Do the following:
Select a U.S. Supreme Court case with direct influence on civil rights or civil liberties. Visit the Supreme Court’s website for information about cases and rulings of the court.
Include the following for the case you selected:
· Explain the case background and the civil liberties or civil rights issue.
· Describe the court’s ruling.
· Defend your position whether the Bill of Rights expands or contracts civil rights and civil liberties.
Individuals and Groups Involved
· Describe the individuals and groups involved and their role in the case from the beginning to the end.
· Note any changes in the groups and individuals involved as the case advanced from the local courts to the Supreme Court, such as whether the number of interested parties or their level of involvement increased or decreased as the case progressed.
· Describe whether the court’s decision met the objectives of the individuals and groups involved.
· Explain the influence this ruling has on civil rights and civil liberties, and whether it protects or erodes civil rights or civil liberties.
· Include how the involved individuals and groups used the process to advance or contract the civil rights or civil liberties through this case.
Include three or more scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Click Here To Download
The post GOV-140: appeared first on AssignmentHub.