To analyze an issue is to understand the problem and context of the problem. Nurses engage in policy analysis through the creation of policy briefs, which promote awareness of the problem and provide the context of the problem, resolution options and their pros and cons, and a recommended solution. Nurses use policy briefs to communicate issues and solutions to government policy analysts.
This assignment links with the Policy Brief Outline you completed in Week 4. It will also link with your Week 6 assignment.
Read the 2016 National Healthcare Quality and Disparities Report (or the most up to date version available) on the Agency for
Healthcare Research and Quality website
Review the updated data and identify a possible meaningful policy change to improve care, lower costs, and reduce health disparities in your current role and place of practice, or the role you are pursuing. You will use this issue as you complete your policy brief.
Search the Internet for the Association of Rehabilitation Nurses Health Policy Tool Kit
and explore the toolkit.
*You do not have to choose a topic from the 2016 National Healthcare Quality and Disparities Report.
Choose a topic that represents an interest/passion for you. It can be related to local, state, federal, or international policy OR you can also choose a policy that needs formation/optimized in your own workplace.
*You may choose a policy that is already in place and needs to be revised OR you can create a completely new policy.
Research the policy change further and write a 5-7 page paper in which you identify the following:
· Underlying issue
· At least 2 specific alternative resolutions
· Positive consequences of each resolution
· Negative consequences of each resolution
· Cost of each resolution (Give real dollar amounts, not just “will cost a lot”)
· Financial implications of each resolution (Will it continue to cost $ or will it eventually save $)
· Quality of care
· Patient outcomes
· Ethical considerations of each resolution
· Legal and regulation considerations of each resolution
· Include one legal case as supporting evidence for each resolution.
· Include one existing regulation as supporting evidence for each resolution.
The post Read the 2016 National Healthcare Quality and Disparities Report;Review the updated data and identify a possible meaningful policy change to improve care, lower costs, and reduce health disparities in your current role and place of practice, or the role you are pursuing. appeared first on Essay Quoll.