Write a 350- to 525-word essay discussing the function of and relationship between the U.S. Congress and the president. There is an optional Congress and the President Template available to download and use for formatting this assignment.
In your essay:
- Explain the U.S. Congress’s structure and makeup.
- Describe the differences between the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate.
- Describe how bills become laws.
- Define the powers granted to the U.S. Congress and the president in the U.S. Constitution.
- Explain the checks and balances of power between the U.S. Congress, the president, and the judiciary.
- Define the president’s role and responsibilities.
- Discuss the evolution of presidential power.
You are encouraged to incorporate vocabulary terms from this week’s materials into your response.
Cite references to support your assignment.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.