This is a paper that focuses on why India and China have some of the highest GDP in the world. The paper also discusses the disadvantages of linear programming.
Why India and China have some of the highest GDP in the world
1. GDP is often used as a measure of well-being. Is it a reasonable measure of well-being? If so, why does Norway with its high standard of living have a relatively low GDP? Why do India and China, with their relatively low standards of living have some of the highest GDP in the world? ( 135+ words and 1 APA reference)
2. Since 1970, the labor force participation rate for women has increased from 43.3% in 1970 to 56.9% in 2018. During the same period, real GDP increased from $4.715 trillion to $17.286 trillion. Are these two events related? Explain. ( 135+ words and 1 APA reference)
3. Discuss several advantages of linear programming and clearly explain the reasons for your choices. ( 135+ words and 1 APA reference)
4. Discuss several disadvantages of linear programming, clearly explaining the reasons for your choices. ( 135+ words and 1 APA reference)
5. If a nation chooses to reduce consumption and increase investment, how would this affect economic growth? In addition to investment in physical and human capital, what other public policies might a country adopt to increase productivity? ( 135+ words and 1 APA reference)
6. Explore International Property Rights Index website. This organization scores countries on their legal and political environment and how well property rights are protected. Choose three countries with high scores and three countries with low scores from their list.
Then explore the CIA World Factbook website to find GDP per capital in each of these six countries. Based on what you find, how would you describe the relationship between property rights and GDP per capita? Why do you think that relationship exists? ( 135+ words and 1 APA reference)
Lastly, ensure that the paper is at least 6 pages long with all answers to the questions. Additionally, ensure that you include all the references and use the APA referencing and citing guidelines.