This is a paper that focuses on Macro-level Influences on International Business. The paper also provides tips and requirements for the paper.
Macro-level Influences on International Business
USE Only CASE document and textbook as recourses.
Assignment requires to do a case analysis of Sharp Corporation, a Japanese company. Subsequently, the document must be completed and follow review the Assignment Tips and Requirements and the Note on Case Analysis. Make sure to stay within the time frame of the case study. If the case study ends in 2000, your analysis should assume it is the year 2000.
Case Analysis Questions
The following questions are just a starting point that will help you organize your thoughts and better analyze the case. DO NOT simply answer these questions—rather, you must write a thorough case analysis as outlined in the “Assignment Tips and Requirements.”
1. Firstly, who is the decision maker in this case? How would you characterize his background? Is he unusual?
2. Secondly, discuss Sharp’s history. What has it been good at? Less good at? Also, how is the company perceived?
3. Thirdly, how did Sharp become a successful player in LCD?
4. Fourthly, describe Sharp’s operating model? What are its pros and cons?
5. Also, should Sharp change its operating model?
6. Lastly, should Sharp move into China now? Why or why not?
The objective of the case study for Assignment 1 is to expose students to globalization and its impact on operational decisions of companies. Faced with major losses, Sharp Corporation is forced to question its long-standing operating model and to develop a new approach that is more suitable to the environment it now competed in. Finally, make sure to stay within the time frame of the case study. If the case study ends in 2000, your analysis should assume it is the year 2000.