You must identify and discuss the main area/focus of study and theories contributed by the individual. Further, you must identify and discuss AT LEAST one original concept attributed to the scholar you choose. Also, you must identify major accomplishments of the individual.
Focus of study and theories contributed by the individual
1. You must provide a thorough biography of the individual. Remember, C. Wright Mills emphasized “Biography, Society, History.” We discussed in connection to Mills how the history he lived through and the society he lived in affected his biography. For example, Mills preoccupation with war was shaped by the historical context of his life course. Please perform similar analysis with your scholar.
2. You must identify and discuss the main area/focus of study and theories contributed by the individual. Further, you must identify and discuss AT LEAST one original concept attributed to the scholar you choose. Also, you must identify major accomplishments of the individual.
3. You must argue the relevance and influence the individual’s study had on the social sciences.
4. Finally, you must select a national or international current event, thoroughly describe the event and argue why your selected individual would be very interested in it.
1. You will be required to complete a FULL 4 page, single-space d paper. More specifically, the actual content of the paper itself must be a minimum of at least 4 COMPLETE single-space d pages long, not including the title or citation page, for full consideration. This assignment sheet is single-space d so your paper should match it. The font size should be no larger than TWELVE (12).
The font Calibri and character size for the text in this assignment sheet is 12, so your paper’s font and size should match this. The text of your essay should start one-inch from the top of the paper and end one inch from the bottom and this required for each page. Spacing between paragraphs should be 1 centimeter throughout the entire essay. If all margins are not in keeping with the instructions it is an automatic 5 point deduction. If the paper is not single-space d throughout you will automatically lose an additional 5 points.
2. You must use at least FOUR qualified sources, NOT including your textbook or any of the readings already provided to you by me in the course. Further, In-text citations and a works cited page are required. Sources must include scholarly articles, scholarly periodicals, BOOKS, and online newspapers for the current event you must locate. Also, One of the four sources MUST be a scholarly piece author ed by the scholar themselves. Encyclopedias (online or in print), blogs, and Wikipedia MAY NOT be used. You can always check with me to confirm if a source is acceptable. APA or MLA are acceptable.