Choose ONE (1) of the following assessment tools: (a) Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (b) NEO Personality Inventory (c) Clifton Strengths Finder (d) Strong Interest Inventory. You may propose an alternative assessment tool, but are required to first consult with the trainer.
Choose ONE (1) of the following assessment tools: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
COURSEWORK ASSESSMENT BRIEF
Individual Assignment (100 marks)
1. Choose ONE (1) of the following assessment tools:
(a) Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
(b) NEO Personality Inventory
(c) Clifton Strengths Finder
(d) Strong Interest Inventory
You may propose an alternative assessment tool, but are required to first consult with the trainer.
2. Explain its general utility in career counselling and coaching.
Firstly, What is general utility?
Secondly, What is the purpose of the assessment?
Thirdly, How else have others used the assessment tool?
Fourthly, Are there other uses of the assessment tool that you see? OR are there situations where the tool is not appropriate to use?
Refer to Lesson 1
3. Evaluate its appropriateness for use in career counselling and coaching, in terms of its psychometric properties.
Firstly, What has been done on validity and reliability?
Secondly, Avoid writing a list of definition and what validity and reliability is?
Thirdly, Explain your answers clearly.
Further, Is there a lack of reliability/ validity evidence, presence of negative evidence, or presence of positive evidence?
Lesson 4 (reliability) and 5 (validity)
Lesson 6 (Test components and Item Analysis)
Lastly, you are expected to conduct research and support your answers with references (e.g., articles, books, or journals). Sources like Wikipedia and SlideShare are generally not recognised as credible sources.
Evaluating your sources:
Firstly, What is/are the claim (s) the author(s) are making?
Secondly, What did they do to support that claim?
Thirdly, Is the claim valid or reliable?
Further, Which validity/ reliability do the claims violate or support?
Criteria for the assessment components:
Firstly, Knowledge and content in explaining utility of the assessment tool (20 marks)
Secondly, Evaluation of the assessment tool’s psychometric properties (60 marks)
Thirdly, Structure/organization, grammar, and adhering to APA guidelines (20 marks)
1. What is this assessment tool used for?
2. The context in which it is use d. Is it looking at trait or situation context?
3. Is this an effective tool? Will you purchase for your organisation use as a Career Counsellor/Coach? Look at the co-relation, reliability, validity, psychometric scrutiny
4. Lecturer advised to refer to latest Technical Report or journals, google scholar for the selected assessment tool. All references preferably from the websites, not book references.
5. Please write in simpler English, not too technical as we are not subject matter expert and do not have in-depth knowledge of the tools.
6. Cite all websites references using APA format.
7. Word limit: No more than 2,000 words. Content that is in excess of 2,000 words will not be consider ed for grading (i.e., only up to 2,000 words will be considered for grading).
8. Students are require to comply with the APA style of referencing and citation.
9. We take a very serious view of plagiarism, which is a very serious academic offence. Students who are found plagiarizing will be given zero marks for their assessment.