This is a paper that is focusing on the should teenagers be able to play violent video games. The paper also provides additional information to use in writing the assignment paper.
Should teenagers be able to play violent video games
Write a 750-1000 word argumentation/persuasion essay using any approach as a method of development.
An effective argumentative essay must have evidence to make its case; most arguments that occur in daily life happen in the heat of the moment and are more likely directed toward saving one’s own pride than toward giving clear and supportive proof to one’s claims.
Knowing how to brainstorm is going to save you from writing a weak essay. Also, knowing how to support your claims with evidence from outside sources will further strengthen your essay. For that reason, this assignment requires the use of two references. In addition, you will add a Works Cited page at the end of your essay. Finally, your Works Cited page will be in MLA (Modern Language Association) format so that all information provided will be easy for your reader to find.
Before attempting this essay:
· Review all of the chapter sections located in Lessons 6 and 7.
· Review the available documents and sources located at the Helpful Resources folder on the course menu.
Purpose: to persuade
Method of Development: your choice
Choose your own topic, but make sure that it is something that can actually be argued. You cannot argue something that is a fact. You can argue for or against something. Some examples are:
Should teenagers be able to play violent video games?
Should cellphones be allowed in the classroom?
Is social media destroying the way we communicate?
The above items can be argued but there are many others to choose from. The choice is yours. If you have something in mind but you are unsure if it will work as an argumentative/persuasive essay, please send me a message through the Messages link for assistance.
1. Brainstorm for topics.
2. Choose one topic, choose a method of development, and organize all details accordingly.
3. Research for appropriate evidence to support your argument. While you are researching, be sure to note all information necessary to fill out your Works Cited page for that entry.
4. Remember your conclusion and your Works Cited page in MLA format.
5. Check the syllabus for due dates.