MSN-prepared nurses must be prepared to market themselves to others so that the key characteristics and contributions of their expertise and the role are recognized and valued in the healthcare environment.
MSN-prepared nurses must be prepared to market themselves
MSN-prepared nurses must be prepared to market themselves to others so that the key characteristics and contributions of their expertise and the role are recognized and valued in the healthcare environment. The purpose of this assignment is to develop a marketing plan for your chosen advanced nursing practice role. As you prepare this marketing plan, develop this presentation as if you were explaining the advanced nursing practice role to a potential employer who may be unfamiliar with the role. You will educate your audience on the value you bring to the healthcare team. This assignment will be prepare as a 7-10 slide PowerPoint presentation meeting the following criteria.
1. Examine the advance d nursing practice role for which you are being prepare d (NP, Executive Leader, or Nurse Educator) and briefly describe the role including the history of the role, education and certification, and major functions of this role.
2. Create a marketing plan to support your value to the healthcare team. You will need to look at the literature beyond nursing. Address each of the 4Ps to market your advanced nursing practice role.
3. Investigate at least two of the Central and Core Competencies (i.e., Direct Clinical Practice, Guidance and Coaching, Consultation, Evidence-based Practice, Leadership, Collaboration, Ethical Decision Making) described in Hamric’s Integrative Model of Advanced Practice Nursing and how these competencies can influence and advance healthcare.
Your presentation must be present in a single PowerPoint presentation. The presentation must be between 7 and 10 slides in length, not including the title and reference list slides. The presentation must use proper APA formatting as directed in the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition formatting, including title slide and reference list with properly formatted citations in the body of the presentation. You will record this as a voice-over PowerPoint. This must be at least 10 minutes in length.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
· be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
· consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
· utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
firstly, follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
secondly, be logical, and as well as original and insightful;
thirdly, display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
fourthly, use APA 6th edition format.
further, Please see the Writing Center located in the student portal for assistance with writing, APA, and online communication.
finally, For assistance with PowerPoint audio, please visit Microsoft Support