Complete the “Assistive Technology IRIS: An Overview” and respond to questions 1-6 in the Assessment tab and submit. Please make sure you answer them in a complete sentence, check your spelling, grammar, answers to the questions are on point, clear and easy to understand also be detailed.
Complete the “Assistive Technology IRIS: An Overview”
1) Complete the “Assistive Technology IRIS: An Overview” and respond to questions 1-6 in the Assessment tab and submit. Please make sure you answer them in a complete sentence, check your spelling, grammar, answers to the questions are on point, clear and easy to understand also be detailed. And make sure you site the website in APA format. You have to go through all the tabs before you answer these 6 questions which are:
1. Name at least three items that could be considered AT and describe how those devices could support a student with a disability in the classroom.
2. Explain two reasons why it is necessary to consider AT for students with disabilities.
3. Why is it important to consider both AT devices and services?
4. Describe three responsibilities of the Implementation Team.
5. List three outcomes the Implementation Team can determine by evaluating a student’s assistive technology.
6. Imagine you are a seventh-grade general education language arts teacher and a student in your class has an upcoming IEP meeting. What types of information should you gather ahead of time to contribute to the discussion of the student’s AT needs? Name at least four.
2) Read Ch 13 Teaching Communication Skills in Instruction for Students with Severe Disabilities. (Pages 418 – 450).
Then, watch these three video clips of Professor Mirabella working with a young child on their communication skills:
Please respond to the following and submit as a Word doc:
1) Firstly, Describe in a paragraph the goal of these lessons.
2) Secondly, What phase(s) of the PECS is being taught? Explain your choice.
3) Thirdly, Find a video of an older student using PECS. Embed the link.
3) Fourthly, Please watch the following three videos:
1. Maya Finds Her Voice (10 min)
2. Apps for Autism (14min)
3. Creative Arts Growth Center (10 minutes – Fast forward to minute 41 and watch the last 10 minutes)
Please check out the Creative Arts Center Website Create a STORYBIRD or a STORYBOARD that reflects your reaction to these videos and shows an understanding of your knowledge regarding the importance of communication. After you created storybird or a storyboard, submit the link for me to share. After your creating it and sharing the link you will get to respond to one of my peers from watching their storybird/storyboard on their reflection.
It would be a paragraph response, about 6-7 sentences. I will share one of my peer’s link with you for u to watch, that will be by Tuesday. But once your done with this assignment please submit it to me, my peer’s feedback will be done later and I will let you know when you will get it.
Read Ch 13: Teaching Communication Skills in Instruction for Students with Severe Disabilities (pages 418 – 450). This will help you develop communication goals for your case study student. You should read chapter 13 which will help you some way with this assignment and also the assignment above.
This assignment will be based on my case study student, Randall. I will explain this to you after you have submitted all three assignments on Sunday.