This is a paper that requires the student to determine the individual’s current stage of development. The paper also provides additional information to use in the writing of the assignment paper well.
Determine the individual’s current stage of development
Growth and Development Assessment Project Guidelines:
Choose a person you know well and complete a developmental summary across the life span for this person. You can choose a person from any of the developmental stages, but just know you will be analyzing their development in ALL stages of life.
Determine the individual’s current stage of development: physically, cognitively, and socially and compare your findings to the developmental norms from textbooks, articles, and databases. This critique needs to be a minimum of 4 pages and a maximum of 5 pages excluding your cover page and reference page as this paper should be in APA 7th Edition format. Be sure that you utilize various theories and apply these to the growth and development of your chosen person.
1. Determine an individual’s current stage of development according to textbook information and a selected theorist (either Freud’s Psychosexual Theory or Erikson’s Psychosocial).
2. Secondly, compare the individual’s behavior, growth, and development to the textbook description and selected theorist.
3. Thirdly, identify unmet or uncompleted tasks of the individual’s current stage of development.
4. Fourthly, design a plan to assist the individual to achieve the tasks of his/her stage of development and future remaining stages.
1. Firstly, select an individual to be observed/interviewed.
2. Secondly, arrange an appropriate time and place for the observation/interview.
3. Thirdly, review lecture and readings on relevant stages of development.
4. Fourthly, observe the individual’s physical and psychosocial growth and development.
5. Also, discuss with the individual or the parent of the individual-specific issues relevant to his/her stage of development.
6. Lastly, prepare a report (4-5 pages of content) to include the following:
Include a brief overview of biographical data: ex. age, sex, family structure, living arrangements, occupation.
Theoretical description of the individual’s stage of development.
Observations of the individual’s physical and psychosocial growth and also development.
Compare findings to textbook, articles, and database developmental norms.
State which developmental tasks are met/unmet; providing evidence based on comparison of observations to the theoretical description.
Identify measures to assist or maintain the individual’s effort to accomplish age-appropriate tasks.